INFORMATION DESIGN EXERCISES








Luisa Audrey / 0348741 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Information Design
Exercises


LECTURE



INSTRUCTION



EXERCISE 1: Quantify Data

For this exercise we were tasked to quantify objects. We need to quantify the items chosen and arrange it as it is into a presentable layout or chart. After we are done, we need to take the picture.

Because I attended the class offline, Miss Anis gave us choices whether to use legos or buttons to proceed with the exercise. For this, I chose green legos.

At first I tried to arrange the legos by the colors. I did this one without leaving space for any texts for practice.


For the next practice, I tried to arrange it by the amount of circles and the type of the block.


After doing several practice, I decided that I will make the actual infographics by leaving spaces for the text. I decided to use colored marker to make it more appealing. Here is my end results:


WEEK 1 TASKS

Individual:
  • Recommend 3 Professional Motion Graphics on blog with rationales and inspirations
  • Install After Effect and Illustrator
Group:
  • Create Mood board
  • Style frames for 3 most challenging parts. (sketches)
INDIVIDUAL TASK:

My 3 CHOSEN MOTION GRAPHICS

1. What If You Fall into a Black Hole - Kurzgesagt in a Nutshell


This is a video by Kurzgesagt in Youtube. Kurzgesagt is a German animation and design studio founded by Philipp Dettmer. The reason why I think that his channel is really interesting is because of the illustration. I always think that the art and the colours chosen are very appealing to the eye of audience to the point it would make people click the video just by looking at the illustration thumbnail. The second reason why I like this channel is also because the topics they bring are science and they want people to see it as beautiful topics.

2. How to Tell if Someone Likes You Online - Psych2Go


This is a video by Psych2go in Youtube. Psych2go was found by Tai Khuong in America and it is a YouTube channel that makes topic related to psychology, including facts about mental disorders, relationships and personality traits. This is one of the reason why I really love this channel, its because the topics are about personalities, the topics that I like. The second reason is because the illustration is very iconic and adorable, one people see the main character, people can already tell that it is from psych2go.

3. Worst Internet ATTACK the World Has Ever Seen - The Infographics Show


This is a video by The Infographics Show in Youtube. Andrej Preston is the motion graphics designer & producer behind the show. This channel usually talks about current events, true crime, unexplained phenomena from nature and science. This is why I like this channel, they always make videos that we have been questioning, it makes you want to click on the videos once you read the title. The other reason is also because everything is very simple and easy to understand. The illustration is simple and the voice over is not too complicated.

GROUP TASK:

MOOD BOARD:

3 CHALLENGING PARTS:

EXERCISE 2: L.A.T.C.H

For this task, I decided that I wanted to make something related to Genshin because that's my favorite game :)

At first I wanted to use Genshin's characters, but I thought that was a bit too basic. That's why I decided on using genshin"s enemies instead.  When I was doing the design, I thought of the information that I wanted to provide there.

I took 4 information from L.A.T.C.H, which are Location, Time, Category and Hierarchy.

For the location, I planned to put the enemies that exist in every region. For the time I wanted to put the time the enemies was released. For the Category, of course I am gonna put the different elements based on the region. Lastly, for the hierarchy, I put on a level on which enemies are stronger and which are weaker.

Here is the sketch that I made:

After this, I moved it to Adobe Illustrator. Here is my progress:



When I was going to compile everything and work on the information, I realized that the pictures of the monsters are not HD. So I decided to trace everything.


And here is the final result:




FEEDBACK


REFLETION

Comments

Popular Posts