EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - TASK 2: EXPERIENTIAL PROTOTYPE

Luisa Audrey / 0348741 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media (UI/UX)
Experiential Design
Task 2
Creative Experience Design Project Prototype






INSTRUCTION 

For the second task, we had to make the Experiential Prototype. 

Since I have made my user journey map solution and I have also found my 3D assets, I knew what I needed to do already. However, at that time I was still not sure how to apply my idea in unity.

The first thing that I did was make the storybook based on the 3D assets that I found.


Since the 3D assets consist of 5 different types of animals, I was planning on making a story about their life habitat. The second thing that became my dilemma was the art style. I realized that the assets are blocky types like the ones we see in "Crossy Road" game. I was confused about how to make it into an illustration at first.

However, after I found a few references from Pinterest I decided to make Pixel art style.

I decided to make the dog the main character. I named the dog "Happy". This is my illustration of him:


I tried to make the art as similar to the 3D asset as possible.

After making the main character, I continued making the rest of the characters. This is what the pages look like:



This is the final storybook that I uploaded in flip HTML: https://online.fliphtml5.com/rvfax/oytm/#p=1

After I finished making the storybook, I moved to Unity. The first thing that I do was move all of the animal assets into the child of my image target.



I also tried to make it interactive by making the animal jump when you click on it. However, since I don't know the coding of that, I just made an invisible button in the middle for people to press and the animal will jump. This is what it looks like:


After I made the animal jump, I tried to make the surrounding scanning. Since we cannot really do that without a ground plane, I had no choice but to follow the ground plane tutorial. I mean it was pretty simple, just maybe it doesn't have the best experience since you have to scan the ground plane first. This is what it looks like:

I haven't really included all the UI and the complete flow of the app since it was still the prototype. I still needed to put the texts, sound, intro pages, and also outro pages before I completed the app.

However, I think the concept is pretty interesting already. I think most kids would want to download this app to view the 3D object from the story.

This is my final presentation:



REFLECTION

To my surprise, I kind of enjoyed the progress. I was pretty much excited to finish the app especially after I knew that this is actually so much more simple than Game Dev, haha. I mostly did this without coding and just change the pages inside the Unity. The unity steps were simple, but I took longer to make the storybook because I had to plan for the story. Not to mention, making the art took longer as well. In the end, I managed to complete the main action and I just had to finalize the UI, pages, and soundtrack.

Comments

Popular Posts